Our virtual community of smart city experts and enthusiasts comes to life with year-round events and webinars discussing smart cities, emerging technologies, and sustainable living.
Join the network now and attend our events to learn more about the cities of the future!
Connected Communities: Lessons from Dubai and CanadaEvent
The one-hour webinar will feature industry experts from Dubai and Canada who will showcase current approaches to connected communities and people-centric smart cities, particularly how technology is influencing citizen wellbeing and the subsequent social and economic impacts of connected cities; in addition, the webinar will explore the latest innovations in digital health, AI and citizen engagement.
6:00pm - 6:02pm WEBINAR OPENING
Moderator: Daniele Haddad, Trade Commissioner and Head of Innovation Unit, Consulate General of Canada in Dubai
6:02pm - 6:05pm WELCOME REMARKS
• H.E. Younus Al Nasser, Assistant Director General, Smart Dubai, and CEO, Dubai Data Establishment
6:05pm - 6:08pm WELCOME REMARKS
• H.E. Jean-Philippe Linteau, Consul General of Canada to Dubai & the Northern Emirates
6:08pm - 6:18pm KEYNOTE
• Lawrence Eta, Chief Technology Officer, City of Toronto
6:18pm - 6:28pm PRESENTATION: How Digital Technologies Influence Citizen Wellbeing
• Dr. Ali Alazzawi, City Experience Advisor, Smart Dubai
6:28pm - 6:38pm ARMCHAIR DISCUSSION: The Digital Health Journey and Population Wellness Through The Smart Initiatives Lens
• Charbel Ghannoum, Senior Director, Telus
• Ghazi Atallah, CEO, NXN
6:38pm - 6:48pm PRESENTATION: Citizen Engagement: AI For The Public Sector
• Fadi Honein, Vice President Middle East, OpenText
6:48pm- 6:58pm PRESENTATION: RESPONSIBLE INNOVATION IN CANADA AND BEYOND: Understanding And Improving The Social Impacts Of Technology•
• Faun Rice, Senior Research and Policy Analyst, Information and Communications Council of Canada (ICTC)
• Mairead Matthews, Research and Policy Analyst, ICTC WRAP-UP Moderator 6:58pm - 7:00pm
To register, please click here